Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Colt is 3!

Who can believe it! Colt is 3 and I am so proud of the fun, loving, passionate, always up for a good time kid that he is! I have been wanting to do a post on him for a while and I am regretting that I didn't make the time because he cracks me up constantly. If you could just hear his tone and look at his face when he says all these funny and entertaining things you'd wish I would have wrote one too! He drives me nuts on the days he doesn't take naps because he only screams by the end of those days, there is no calming him to a talking voice, but still he can change my mood from frustrated to laughing in just a minute. 
He loves the park and laughing. He loves doing everything the girls do and sleeps in their room on the floor at night. He wants Livy-Rachel to be his best friend he says.  (Yes they are one hyphenated word in his language, and it is more like Wivy-Rachel) He loves going to his school and church classes. Everyone says he is so good at class-I don't know how that happens! He likes to boss Ellie around and push her around too sometimes. He loves running and especially riding his bike. He loves to be a pirate, Monsters Inc., Calliou, ketchup, cantaloupe, watermelon, "ba-sketti", cheese and crackers, Chinese food, diet Pepsi, every candy and gum. He loves to be the winner at finishing his dinner when he actually eats. 







Colt's pre-school group. He loves having his own friends and having someone over to play. 


We had some issues with putting his hand in his dirty diaper.........so he had to wear a leotard for a while. He didn't mind at all, but Eric on the other hand wasn't thrilled! I'm sure Colt will hate that I have this on record but it is what it is growing up with all sisters.........he never wanted to wear a shirt with it because he would say "no, then you can't see my ballet!" I guess the girls ballet classes were wearing off on him! I'm happy to say this didn't last that long :)


Still loves doing stickers and stamps and cutting. Loves collecting acorns. He loves shredding papers and will do it for an hour strait when I have enough paper. Won't give me a kiss on my face, always on my shoulder, back, leg. He cracks me up when he quotes movies already. And he is awesome at Temple Run on the Ipad. He does it while watching a show too which really amazes me. Believe me he has put his time into that game but he really is good.


I have kept some funny things he said on my phone the past few months, I wish I had more. 
When we were driving in the car one day he kept staring out the window and telling me that the moon was following us. 
Calls dessert, besert. 
He sleeps on the girls floor because he said that there is a monster in his room who comes and clips his nails at night. Sometimes he says the monster clips his nails and other times the monster clips his own nails. Quite an imagination!
"Oh man, I never _______!" Fill in the blank. Get to eat that, get a turn, have that, etc. Loud and dramatically, flailing his arms.
He doesn't watch sesame street and he might be the only kid in America who didn't know this. He looked at his diaper with big bird on it and said, "Who's on my diaper? A chicken?"
After screaming "I scream like a girl."
Talking about anyone else or what he will do if he is scared "I/They cry like a baby."
Using the phrase "That's never gonna happen."
Sings Justin Bieber "baby" and Taylor Swift "never getting back together (to never he says)"
"That's sissy stuff"
Yelling "Alert, alert!" when Ellie is getting into something. 
"Upidstay or stupid" He likes and uses both equally to drive me crazy. He also plugs his ears when he wants to say it because he says I can't hear him then.
"Do you hear what I hear" about most things he hears.
When he eats an apple he asks me to "take the wrapper off."
"Livy-Rachel and me make the rules."
Always asking for 5 minutes. And if he is waiting his turn for something, he breaks down and starts crying with "but Ellie has 5 minutes again and again and again and again."
And last but not least if you look at a book or animal out side or bug or car or show or anything and ask him what they are doing or why someone feels a certain way his answer is always "they are looking for their mommy." He's a momma's boy and I kind of love it. 


Daredevil, entertainer, little brother, big brother, helper, instigator, sweetie, punk, and made for this family. 



He loves to help me cook, take in the groceries and put them away, get the mail, etc. He is always telling me Jesus made this or that and asking me to confirm it. He is a loving and sweet and comforting brother when he is in the mood and always concerned if Ellie is getting into trouble. And he has an addiction to fireworks already. He wants to use all his money to buy more and says we need to have Christmas again so he can get more money for presents and buy more fire works. Oh Eric, what have you started!


I can't believe you are 3 buddy! You constantly amaze me at all that you know, all that you can do, and keep me on my toes laughing and trying not to scream!! I love you so much and I am so grateful to Heavenly Father for sending you to us. We are so proud of you Colt and I can't wait to see how you love this year too. I love you so much bud. 

1 comment:

Chris and Cassie said...

My favorite part is "they are looking for their mommy". Now that just melts your heart!! What a sweet boy.

My second favorite is still "alert alert". Hahahah!! That seriously is too funny! Need to hear that in person to believe it!

My third favorite is "I want Rachel-Livy to be my best friends". How precious is that. Aww love that little boy.

You are such a sweet handsome boy Colt. We love you! Don't grow up too fast!!