They loved finding Shorty (the elf) everyday. He is way up on the top of the window in this picture where they are supposed to be pointing at him!
We played a game where the girls had to pick something from around my room and put in in a bag and we would exchange gifts and I was trying to have them practice saying thank you even if they didn't love what they got. They had fun playing and Livy was excellent at saying she loved the gift or it was just what she wanted. Too funny. Rachel did pretty good but once I gave her a neck tie and she threw it down and said that is a boy present and she didn't want it. I couldn't help but laugh. So we worked on it more and she got it down.
We did some Christmas crafts. This the one I got picture of. They made snowmen with their faces for the tree. Livy decided hers needed feet!
This year we copied the idea of wrapping Christmas books and opening one each day until Christmas. This was another thing that was so exciting for them each day. No wonder they loved this month so much. I am realizing how many fun little things they got to do each day! They could never wait until bed time to open it though. It was always first thing in the morning. Those are morning pj pictures, not night time ones!
Colt enjoying his new favorite place to play. He loves this plastic play house we have in the play room. He opens and shuts the door, rings the door bell, and just is happy in there. Which is perfect because the girls don't play in it so he at least has one spot that is his! This day I found him in his house inside this box sucking on a pretend bottle. Silly boy. He is such fun little smiley boy.
We went and took a carriage ride one afternoon while Colt was sleeping. We had to wait a while and it was colder than I thought out but the girls really enjoyed it. They kept yelling at him to run faster. Nice closed eyes of mine, I know, but it is the only picture I got!
A shot of the girls the day we took the group photo. They are getting so old!
I didn't end up getting one of all three of them looking but I like the little man on the chair here. He was up on the chair during the beginning of the group pictures but took a tumble, a graceful tumble, onto the ground so he just stayed there.
Kevin and April had everyone over for Christmas stories and hot cocoa one night and the kids loved it. They all wore their pajamas and Halli read them a book. Then April took over and after that they all played upstairs for a while. Thanks guys, it was lots of fun!
Entertaining the little men!
They loved looking at the Christmas lights wherever we went. We have a great block for lights and their decorations were always nice to see on the way home each night. They loved driving though Prestonwood and seeing all the themed streets with lots of lights. They also liked helping me wrap and Livy became an excellent wrapper all by herself. She would cut the paper, wrap it and tape it up all by herself. She did a lot with me and a lot on her own wrapping stuff for her animals and having parties for them all month long. The like playing with their nativity sets and really knew more than I expected when we did a family home evening on the birth of Christ. Rachel has this excellent memory and vocabulary that surprises me daily and did as well that night with what she knew. She's always listening!



No comments:
Post a Comment